We are looking for a creative, cool and highly motivated Graphic Designer with an eye for visual aesthetics and a passion for all things fashion, design and beauty. Our industry, our brands and the individuals we work with are fashion forward, on trend and fun. Having talented stylists as our target audience allows for a strong visual story to be told; this lends perfectly to visual content sharing and fosters a workplace promoting creative freedom and expression.
Who we are
Summit Salon Services is a Canadian based distributor bursting with personality and obsessed with all things hair & beauty. We supply professional beauty, salon, esthetic + spa supplies across Western Canada, and offer elite business consulting services to industry professionals. With 20+ years of operating experience, our Summit family continues to grow and expand, but don’t worry, we maintain a small business mentality as a family-run and tight-knit team.
A day in the life
· Content development and creation of: promotional materials, bi-monthly issues, store specials, posters, invitations, price lists, event sell sheets, educational flyers, certificates and more.
· Website development / management (Squarespace).
· Creative direction, content development, and planning for our lifestyle blog, The Summit Social.
· Photography + styling – we shoot photos for many of our products and clients in-house.
· Work closely with the marketing team on various initiatives, creative brainstorming sessions and branding.
· Provide marketing support for monthly promotions.
· Good vibes!
· You communicate with honesty and kindness, and create the space for others to do the same.
· Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature.
· Skill in Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
· Knowledge in Graphic Design, Typography, Placement Graphics and Illustrative Graphics.
· Integrate fun and joy as a way of being (aka you don’t take yourself too seriously).
· Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
· The ability to work independently, under pressure, and manage several projects simultaneously, with minimal supervision.
· Out of the box thinker willing to challenge assumptions when required.
· Innovative, technically savvy, results-oriented, and quality focused.
· Education in Graphic Design or related field (ie. PR, MKTG). Proven experience in Graphic Design and website management (Squarespace).
A career with Summit offers:
· Industry leading salary.
· Company matched benefit compensation.
· Tools & programs to help you succeed.
· Onsite parking and generous employee discount.
· An upbeat, inviting, positive environment and culture (The Summit Fam!)
· A rad brand to represent for!
· Work-life balance – we want to see you livin’ your best life.
Job type: full-time
Want to join our Summit Fam?! Please submit your resume + portfolio to email@example.com and tell us a little bit about yourself. Only applications with portfolios will be evaluated (we want to see your vibe, babes.)
Are you still there? Make sure to check out the following!
Lifestyle Blog, The Summit Social - Instagram